“God has made us what we are, and in our union with Christ Jesus he has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do.” (Ephesians: 2-10)
Holy Family Ladies Auxiliary began decades ago as a group of Holy Family (HF) women whose husbands were in Knights of Columbus (KofC), a global Catholic service order.
Today: We are a diverse and open group of smart, caring, faith-full Catholic women—cradle Catholics and converts—who love our faith and enjoy camaraderie during and between our monthly meetings (generally the second Wednesday of most months, at 7:00 p.m. in the St. Anne Room). Through the years, the Auxiliary has served countless people in need, and helped to create many lifelong friendships.
We are married to a Knight—or not. We are single/widowed. We have kids/stepkids/grandkids/no kids. We live in single-family homes, condos, apartments, and assisted living–alone, or with family. We are younger than some, older than others. We are Rockford natives…and imports.
In other words: We’re just like you.
How We Answer God’s Call to Serve and to Spread Our Faith:
- We support the KofC in some of their fundraisers.
- We serve our Parish. Participate only if you want to have fun!
- We support and serve Holy Family Parish through our annual September garage sale; helping monthly to serve coffee and donuts after the 9:30 Mass; and through poinsettia and Easter lily sales. The Auxiliary initiated the annual May crowning when Msgr. Bales was Pastor—a tradition that continues!
- We support the Poor Clare Colettine Nuns in Rockford most months by grocery shopping their list of needs and delivering them to the Monastery.
- We support each other through prayer and acts of service. When one of us has a need—whether it’s prayer for ourselves or a loved one during a difficult time; hospital or home visits; making/delivering home-cooked meals;, or whatever may be in our hearts—Ladies Auxiliary members answer the call.
- We support and serve our community. As needs arise, we pray outside local abortion facilities, contact elected officials to voice our opinion on issues, and more.
For more information, contact Auxiliary president Mary Kay Garganera at 815.218.9642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us–we look forward to meeting you!
“Without love, deeds–even the most brilliant–count as nothing.” St. Therese of Lisieux